Saturday 6 September 2014

First Impressions of The Sims 4

Please take in mind that I played the game for around 4 hours last night (without cheats) here are some of the things I noted and some I like some I don't like.

Just a few things about The Sims 4:
  • So far I think the Sims 3 is better, but I think I just might need to get used to it being a different game just like I had to when I first started playing The Sims 3. 
  • The game has brought back the stupid loading screens just like they had in The Sims 1+2 when visiting neighbours and going to community lots.
  • You choose a neighbourhood from the two available Willow Creek and Oasis Springs (they both have 5 neighbourhoods and 16 residential lots) but you can play on both by going back and forth to visit friends and play on the community lots.
  • Willow Creek has a Park, Museum, Library, a Gym and a Nightclub as their community lots and Oasis Springs has a Park, a Bar, a Lounge, a Museum and a Gym as their community lots.
  • The Sims needs seem to go down really fast so it's hard to build skills for your jobs and keep them happy (you can gain cooking skill watching T.V and fun goes up this way).
  • You now order food (to cook meals or plant) and books via the computer instead of going to a shop
  • You can change your Sims aspiration anytime you want if you don't like the one you originally picked.
  • There are 4 different levels to aspirations (or at least the aspiration I picked) and each aspiration has 2 or more branches to pick from. (see this post about aspirations)
  • I picked the Family aspiration when I created my Sim and then picked have a Big Happy Family (Family aspiration)
  • The Family aspiration tells you to adopt on one of the tasks so I tried to adopt using the phone > services like in the Sims 3 but couldn't find it under so you may only be able to do this when on that part.
  • In Create-A-Sim you can only make children and up so you cannot create a toddler which I think is the same as in the Sims 1.
  • I like the aspirations and the career tasks parts but I think that there should be more careers but I guess that we will just have to wait for the expansions.
  • The Create-A-Sim is the best part of the game so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment